Blended is the modern approach to learning. Businesses and educational institutes can use their learning management systems to incorporate blended learning. Though it can be a bit challenging!
Distance learning has evolved thanks to tools like LMS. However, traditional in-person learning cannot be omitted from classrooms or training rooms. Studies show that instructor led, active classrooms yield better results than all virtual learning.
However, the accessibility and ease of e-learning are unparalleled to any other learning method. So how can an organization incorporate blended learning with their learning management system? Let us explore.
What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning, as the name suggests, combines traditional face-to-face learning with e-learning. It involves a learning management system for eLearning with classroom learning to maximize learning potential.
Blended learning comprises three components:
- Some parts of blended learning are delivered asynchronously online, where the learner has control. The idea behind this type of learning is to empower students to benefit from online tools according to their pace, path, medium, and preferences.
- The in-person component includes delivering learning material through online webinars, lectures, or physical classrooms. eLearning is synchronous.
- Combine in-person and online modules cohesively to ensure integrated learning. Both components blend perfectly, meaning in-person and online modules are not used as alternatives. Rather, they are coordinated perfectly to ensure a complete understanding of a subject.
That is how blended learning differs from hybrid learning in that the latter allows the learner to choose either a virtual or physical classroom. Contrary to that, blended learning requires a learner to take both in-person and virtual learning for complete understanding.
How to Implement Blended Learning?
If you are trying to implement blended learning with your learning management system, you can do it with technological tools and learning techniques. You need to find learning management system solutions to create an ideal environment. Here is what you can do:
Allow learners to take online classes through webinars and lectures using LMS. It is one of the best ways to implement blended learning. Businesses can also leverage their current learning management system tools to integrate training modules, catalogs, and online courses across their enterprise. Online learning will allow your business to track performance and measure results so you can prove return on investment.
Various Learning Mediums
Empower your learners by giving them various medium options to choose from. This will increase learner engagement. Embed online modules with games, articles, videos, and other such resources to break away from the monotony of long readings and video lectures.
When learners have a range of mediums available, they can determine the mode of learning that suits their learning style.
Learning requires help from others. Learners need a place where they can ask questions, interact with each other or connect with experts. Social learning enables experts and learners to work together for better solutions. It curates knowledge capital and allows learners to learn from their colleagues. Incorporate social learning platform into your LMS to recognize the best performers, as this will encourage others to do the same.
When you think about blended learning, you think about online classrooms. However, it is equally important to talk about in-person aspects of blended learning so it can complement the online component of it all.
A learning management system can offer great solutions in this matter. Based on your LMS platform, instructors or trainers can schedule face-to-face lectures directly on the learning management system in advance and make the information accessible for all learners.
This way, learners become aware of the schedule and course plan. Seamless scheduling makes course management easier for both trainers and learners as both will know the overall course outline and objectives.
ILT (Instructor-Led Training) management empowers the trainers to manage the classroom electronically. They can monitor virtual classrooms, set schedules, monitor attendance and learner performance, and assign courses to learners based on their needs. This may have an old-school feel, but ILT creates a modern learning experience.
Benefits of Blended Learning
Blended learning benefits businesses and corporations in various ways:
- Blended learning is cost-effective, so companies can reduce training expenses. For instance, facilitator fees, travel costs, accommodation costs, classroom expenses, and other indirect costs are relatively lower.
- Blended learning offers a rich learning experience because it reinforces the concepts learned throughout the training.
- Blended learning empowers learners by allowing them to learn at their own pace. Learners can access the content from any location and seek guidance when needed.
- Blended learning provides the best of both worlds: offline and online learning environments.
Get An Affordable Learning Management System
Are you looking to implement blended learning across your enterprise? Start with Axis LMS – a robust learning solution by Atrixware. The system allows automation features and easy configuration.
Explore the features and pricing options of their corporate learning management system, or get started today!